Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break


My last spring break was in 1996 my last year of college. I can't remember if that's the year I drove to New Orleans & Austin for SXSW with Courtney, Victor, and Crock or if that is one of the years I went somewhere tropical with Christine. But I can tell you this is a tradition that is long overdue.

Microchip had our forced week off with no pay so I declared it spring break. Tyler has no job and of course was willing to play. And we convinced Courtney to fly out from Ohio for the week to play with us. Here are some of our key accomplishments for the week:

7 pairs of shoes purchased
5 hours spent at Target
3 malls visited
1 wedding dress found and purchased
1 container of vodka slush was drank
1 pitcher of Kiltlifter beer was chugged on St Patty's day at Four Peaks, complete with Irish music and great neighborhood friends
numerous meals of mexican food were eaten
wine at Lucys, beer at Teakwoods
hiked at Papago Park
completed wedding shower & wedding reception invitations
played board games ranging from Clue to Mall Madness to Guess Who to Seinfeld Trivia
watched numerous tv shows and movies including Duplicity, Dot the I, Bride Wars, Blindness, and Lost Boys

I love my sisters so much and had just the perfect week with them.

2 comments:

Karen said...

YEAH looks like a perfect spring break! as much as i am grateful to have my job and no forced time off. I secretly think it's times like those "forced" days that really push you to realize what life is all about... i'm a little jealous!

Cynthia said...

It was great to see all the Alcott girls together!